Reporting to the Director of Marketing, Arts & Communication, this position provides an excellent opportunity as a working, hands on Manager.
Working in a 100% collaborative environment that includes artists, producers, & marketers the General Manager works side by side with the Artistic Directors, acting as the theatrical company manager and assisting in producing of season and other events.
Active participation in internal and external activities and committees, daily decision-making, control and strategic thinking is imperative in management and financial areas.
This role involves occasional public speaking as a representative of the VPP and frequent evening and weekend activities.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent in theatre or in a related field preferably in Arts Administration or Business Management, a minimum of seven (7) years of Art venue management experience or ten (10) years’ experience in a related field;
- Strong verbal, writing and outstanding proofreading skills in English;
- Strong sense for creative processes, and ability to anticipate and support the needs of theatrical artists and producers;
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, able to coordinate a variety of activities simultaneously;
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Familiarity with, and deep interest in, the theatre industry;
- Experience with the contracting of artists, and awareness of trends in production in the context of the Canadian Theatre Agreement;
- Experience with marketing, production, communications for the performing arts;
- Computing skills including MS Office, Adobe CS and social media;
- Ability to evaluate and manage priorities and adapt quickly to a fast-paced, complex environment;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to maintain discreation and absolute confidentiality at all times;
- Experience and/or interest in arts education is an asset;
- Experience in sponsorship and funds development
- A past record of satisfactory attendance and punctuality is a requirement
- *Regular attendance at work is an expectation of employment and an essential part of every job.
- Criminal record check, vulnerable persons check;
- Availability to work a variety of hours outside of standard business hours;
Deadline for applications is no later than 12 noon Friday, July 13, 2018
Resumes clearly marked General Manager – VPP to be directed in confidence to the attention of:
Richard Poore, Director of Cultural Services
Town of Petrolia
411 Greenfield Street
Petrolia, ON N0N 1R0 firstname.lastname@example.org