Reporting to the Programming Supervisor, under the direction of the Programming and Marketing Manager, the Program and Audience Coordinator will support the work of the programming department at the FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre (PAC). This position will assist in the development and execution of a dynamic performing arts, film and imPACt education series by employing audience development strategies and program administration to animate the goals of the PAC as the community’s cultural hub. This position will develop and foster relationships, connecting audiences to various art forms building those audiences through short and long-term engagement strategies. This role will also assist in the development and implementation of the imPACt education program to provide live professional performance opportunities to Niagara students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
These set out the principal functions of the position, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements.
• Support the work of the Programming and Marketing Manager and Programming Supervisor through onsite event coordination, reporting and administration.
• Assist in the development of and monitor a comprehensive, show-specific, audience development outreach plan to reach all potential audiences.
• Develop key performance indicators and provide strategic reporting on tactics and results on a show-to-show and season-to-season basis.
• Assist with grant/report writing and reporting.
• Assist in strategizing and implementing creative methods of connecting with new audiences and building audiences for the future.
• Communicate the unique qualities of all programming to various stakeholders to develop and implement a narrative around each project and the Centre as a whole.
• Develop links and coordinate ongoing communications with the arts community and the broader community to stimulate awareness and engage existing and new audiences.
• Reach out to local organizations (arts, social service etc.) to partner in outreach initiatives.
• Coordinate the ongoing development and implementation of an arts education program for young and family audiences.
• Work with marketing staff on all messaging and promotions of school performances and related audience development activities and coordinate with other departments to ensure effective implementation of programs and engagement events.
• Participate in marketing and sales team initiatives to promote innovative strategies to achieve or exceed sales goals.
• Perform other similar and related duties as required.
- College Diploma in Arts Administration, Marketing/Communications or related discipline.
- Two (2) years current experience in a performing arts or culture environment with an appreciation of the arts and an understanding of how to promote various disciplines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- High attention to detail with effective organization and time management skills and the ability to effectively deal with multiple priorities.
- Professional communication skills with demonstrated writing and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of municipal, provincial and federal arts landscape.
- Available to work flexible hours (including evenings, weekends and holidays).
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license, Class “G”, with a clean driving record.
The City of St. Catharines is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 11:59 PM
Applications will be accepted online at stcatharines.ca/jobs. Please reference the recruitment number 2018-170 in your cover letter. Applications received any other way will not be accepted.