Reporting to the Manager, Cultural Services, this position is responsible for the planning, operation, budgeting, maintenance and evaluation of the backstage and technical areas of the FirstOntario Arts Centre Milton in compliance with Town policies and procedures. This position coordinates and supervises the technical aspects of all productions at the Centre and liaises directly with customers, including tour managers, to understand and meet their requirements.
- Plans and coordinates technical operations for events at the FirstOntario Arts Centre
- Milton and other Town of Milton facilities as required; technical including the operation of all light, fly, sound and other production equipment.
- Supervises and leads a technical event staff team through coaching, goal setting, performance management, training and professional development.
- Responds to requests for information and resolves issues from clients and customers.
- Acts as a resource to community clients in the areas of production management, lighting, sound, set design, set construction and special effects and works closely with rental clients to determine production requirements and estimates the cost of the same.
- Maintains ongoing communication with program, facility and front of house staff to ensure safe, coordinated service delivery.
- Ensures optimal operation of systems and equipment through the development and monitoring of maintenance programs for all production equipment.
- Monitors and maintains technical components inventory and maintenance records.
- Updates operating procedures, processes, resource requirements and standards.
- Recommends fees for services with an understanding of market value and fiscal responsibility.
- Prepares and recommends annual operating and capital requirements for assigned portfolio; presenting pressures and opportunities to Manager.
- Monitors, controls and reports on budgets to ensure fiscal responsibility and that budget targets and service objectives are being effectively met.
- Researches and maintains awareness of new and innovative equipment, products and services; monitors trends, customer requests and customer satisfaction results to recommend future direction.
- Performs other duties assigned in accordance with department objectives.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Theatre Production, Technical Services or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years in a progressive supervisory role in mounting productions in a live event or theatre setting required
- Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated success working with community presenters and volunteers required
- Working knowledge of all areas of event related technical production and operations, including: lighting design, computerized lighting, computerized audio, rigging, fly systems, carpentry, wardrobe, staging and stage management
- Experience in preventative maintenance management
- CPR, First Aid and WHMIS certification required
- Working at Heights Certification required
- Thorough understanding of the Safety Guidelines for Live Performance Industry in
- Ontario; knowledge of risk management in a live theatre setting
- Strong facilitation, negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Fluency in basic operations of Windows, Apple, Android and iOS systems
Annual Salary Range: $80,465 - $100,581
Interested applicants should apply online at www.milton.ca under the Careers section by 11:59 pm on July 29, 2018.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation, applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used strictly for candidate selection