Ontario Contact is an opportunity for presenters and those working in the touring performing arts sector to come together to network, and to share information in a three-day conference featuring contemporary and classical music, dance, theatre, spoken word, and youth orientated programming. It gives presenters, artists, agents and managers time to network, to discover new work and to be introduced to best practices.
Annual Network Retreats, Learning Intensives and the Blue Sky Day
Each year member events move throughout the province and focus on the latest issues facing the arts presenting community. Ontario Presents’ annual member gatherings offer members the opportunity for collaborative learning, reflection and study, mixed with the right proportion of R & R. The emphasis is on networking, round-table discussions, panel forums, workshops, formal & informal gatherings and information-sharing.
Seminars and Workshops
Ontario Presents supports professional development in the presenting field through seminars, workshops, and webinars. Past topics have included volunteer recruitment and managemen, database marketing, programming, sponsorship, legal piptfalls, audience development, and more.
- Subscription to our monthly eNewsletter with industry and network updates, upcoming events, granting programs deadlines and more!
- A posting in Ontario Presents eNews is a benefit offered to network members. If you have events, news, job postings, or any other industry relevant announcements for publication in Ontario Presents eNewsletter, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Presents disseminates information of interest, such as special invitations to industry events, important announcements and more, to network members.
Online Network Directory & Profiles
- Listing in and full access to Ontario Presents online Network Directory, a comprehensive listing of community presenters, artists, service organizations and agents.
- Online profile to feature individual members and organizations
Online Members Area
- Online access to members only area, a learning center with network resources.
- Access to online network discussion forums to pose questions, offer tips and advice and provide answers to colleague’s questions.
- Easily and directly connect with each other
Facilitating Online Information Exchange through Adobe Connect
Ontario Presents has acquired an online communication platform to address urgent communications needs and facilitate communications and information sharing between network members, and other stakeholders. Ontario Presents is ready to respond by offering our members an online space to meet, work, share and network.
Free Postings on the Ontario Presents Job Board
Network members can submit their job opportunities to be posted on Ontario Presents online Job Board free of charge. This includes listing on our site, a link in our enewsletter, and postings on Facebook and Twitter.
- Programming opportunities - available to presenting organizations only
- Reduced tour fees
- Tour co-ordination assistance
- Contracting assistance
- Marketing/promotional support
Presenting Practices Manual, Operational Standards
On topics such as:
- artist contracts
- theatre rental contracts
- ticket pricing
- event budgeting
- operational policies
- video licensing
- front-of-house liability
- Theatre Safety Act
Community and Audience Mapping Analysis
- Comparative analysis of community profile in relation to presenter’s audiences and their demo/psychographics and social values
- Provides opportunities to broaden or diversify the programming appeal or marketing reach of existing programs
Audience Insights Interviews
- Equip presenters with in-depth personal interview and online electronic protocol that illuminate the values held by audience members
- Provide insight into the impacts that presenter’s programming has on their audiences and reveal the most effictive ways to promote their programs
- Rental Rate Survey and Municipal Investment Survey
Ontario Presents is an organization plus member of the Cultural Human Resources Council (CHRC) and we are pleased to offer our members the opportunity to become a CHRC member for free (as an affiliate member). Affiliate members receive the following benefits:
- 25% discount on their products, new releases and job postings on Cultureworks.ca
- Subscription to the CHRC e-newsletter
To join CHRC as an affiliate member, visit CHRC’s website, click on Membership Form (left-hand navigation), fill out the form under Organization Plus-Affiliate.
Ontario Presents members are entitled to a discount of $100 on CAPACOA membership.
Ontario Presents has partnered with Ottawa-based company FaveQuest to help bring affordable mobile app and web solutions to the Ontario presenting community.
FaveQuest is focused almost exclusively on affordable mobile solutions for the event market: for venues, festivals, conferences, artist agencies and touring artists. Your membership with Ontario Presents entitles you to 25% off Gold and Platinum MyEventApps solution packages for the development of a mobile app for your organization and VIP access to their support staff.
Ontario Presents is pleased to partner with Business for the Arts in their Sponsorship Series for arts organizations. The sponsorship series is a six-part easy-to-follow, fun-to-do, online tutorials that were created to empower arts organizations around the sponsorship cycle. As an affiliate member, Ontario Presents is pleased to be able to offer our members a special registration rebate.
- Bundle A – any 2 tutorials for $178 (member rebate $50)
- Bundle B – any 3 for $247 (member rebate $75)
- Bundle C – all 6 tutorials for $397 (member rebate $100)
Are you wondering what the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) means for your organization? Accessibility Ontario offers webinars and workshops on the AODA Standards and how to make documents accessible, as well as website accessibility audits, accessible document conversion, and online AODA training. Members of Ontario Presents receive a 10% discount on Accessibility Ontario workshops and webinars. Contact email@example.com to claim your discount.
Hotel Accommodation Discount
Ontario Presents has negotiated a special rate of 165+HST/night at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel, Toronto. If you are planning to come to Toronto be it business or pleasure and would like to stay in this hotel, please contact Ceilidh Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org with your arrival and departure dates and she will be happy to make your reservation! Please note, the Westin books up fast so it’s best to reach out well in advance of your trip.
Zipcar Membership and VIA Rail discounts
Ontario Presents is pleased to offer its members a Zipcar for business membership. A Zipcar membership gives you self-service access to cars parked throughout Toronto 24/7. If you live in Toronto or come into the city for business and require a convenient transportation, join Zipcar and receive the member discount.
As a Zipcar member, you can also get 10% off the best available rate for VIA Rail.
In addition to the above listed services, Ontario Presents network provides professional, friendly advice from your colleagues with ideas, concerns, and solutions covering all aspects of the performing arts industry.
Questions about your membership benefits? Intersted in becoming a member? Contact our Membership Services Coordinator at email@example.com.