Contact ONTour is Ontario Presents’ annual showcase conference that gathers Ontario’s performing arts touring and presenting community. We are seeking an Associate Producer for the 2022 event, planned for the week of September 12-18 in Orillia, Ontario. This position is a part-time, 6-month contract, with increasing hours leading up to the conference.
Role and Responsibilities
- Scheduling logistics for showcases and pitches, networking opportunities, workshops, registration, and any other elements added to the conference program requiring appropriate facilities.
- Negotiate and prepare supplier and participant contracts, and monitor to ensure compliance for all aspects of producing, hosting and marketing the event including: artists, workshop leaders, event speakers, hotel, venue, conference transportation, event marketing, conference registration, showcase production, and volunteer coordination.
- Working with Host committee, coordinate and contract transportation, venues, food and beverage services/needs, signage and tech needs.
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities, including on-boarding, training, and scheduling.
- Establish and maintain on-line conference activities overseeing the usage of the appropriate platform.
- Working with Event Manager and the Host venue/committee to prepare staff for the event including FOH, box office and production.
- Develop, implement and deliver conference marketing plan and materials for OP membership and conference Communications.
- Manage budget and monthly financial statements.
- Prepare a final report on the event providing recommendations to improve or change successive conferences including financial results.
- Perform other duties as they arrive including liaison between the Ontario Presents staff and the Contact ONtour Advisory Circle.
- Attend scheduled meetings with Contact ONtour Host Organizing Committee, the Event Advisory Circle and monthly OP staff meetings.
- Work from home office, with option for space provided at Toronto office.
- Some evening and weekend work required.
- Around the clock on-site coordination during actual event.
- Provide own travel arrangements (remunerated as per current OP financial schedule).
- Strong independent initiative skills to produce communication collateral and on-line presence.
Individuals who identify as IBPOC and/or LGBT2Q+ are most encouraged to apply.
- Preference will be given to a mid-career Performing Arts Professional
- Minimum of 3 years in event programming and producing
- Minimum of 5 years in event marketing and promotion
- High level of social media skills, website maintenance
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Start Date and 6-month schedule
Tentative Start Date March 21st to July 31st 20 hours a wk.
August 1st to September 30th 35 hours a wk.
Administrative hours are flexible and can be done remotely.
Ontario Presents is a province-wide network of performing arts touring and presenting organizations that work collaboratively to facilitate the distribution of live performing arts. The organization was incorporated in 1988 as a network of venues – at that time called Ontario Campus and Community Impresarios – and has since fostered the development of several touring and presenting networks with a focus on building resenters’ curatorial skills; booking and coordinating artist tours; and building effective working relationships among key sector players. We now see ourselves primarily as an arts service organization that centres and strengthens relationships between artists and presenters.
Our members include municipal performing arts centres; not-for-profit, volunteer, and community presenters; touring artists/arts organizations; agents/managers; and industry service consultants.
The programs we offer help members build programmatic and administrative capacity, develop leadership, and create opportunities to grow and diversify their audiences. Ontario Presents is the only provincial organization that brings together this community of organizations on the basis of programmatic development.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Terri-Lynn Brennan @ email@example.com by February 28, 2022. Any questions can also be directed to Terri-Lynn.