Ottawa Chamberfest is one of the world’s leading presenters of chamber music. We are a three-pillar arts organization with a vision to change lives through music and a mission to present chamber music in an annual festival, a concert series, and community engagement and arts education activities. We produce approximately 150 events per year, contributing significantly to local, regional and provincial economic development and community-building. Ottawa Chamberfest is a not-for-profit organization with charitable status and was named Event of the Year at the 2019 Ottawa Tourism Awards.
We seek a Manager of Philanthropy who is passionate about making their community better and who deeply embraces philanthropy as a means to that goal. The successful candidate will bring exceptional communications skills and poise to the role. They will take a dynamic, yet consistent, approach to donors that nurtures deep, lasting relationships, ensuring the philanthropic success and long-term health of the organization socially and financially.
- Manage all aspects of philanthropic activity: annual, Board of Directors, individual, and major giving campaigns; maturity of the planned giving program and special event fundraising activities.
- Develop, implement, analyze, and report on philanthropic plans using various presentation methods; donor recognition and stewardship program execution and related duties.
- Contribute to organizational budget-building, monitoring, and adjustment.
- Lead, direct, and supervise staff, contractors, and suppliers, and interact effectively with the entire Chamberfest team, in particular the Marketing and Sales Manager to develop collateral materials, and the Controller to prepare the annual charitable T3010 return.
- Embrace and continue to build the available CRM tools to increase accuracy and efficiency. PatronManager Admin Certification will be a milestone to achieve soon after hiring.
Competencies The successful candidate will bring:
- Knowledge of and a passion for the performing arts, classical music knowledge being a significant asset;
- Minimum five years demonstrated experience and success in fund development and donor relations, securing gifts of $10,000+ from individuals, corporations, and foundations;
- Experience working with senior community leaders and donors including a board of directors; V2020-02-20 2/2
- Demonstrated ability at building and maintaining strong, mutually beneficial partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to motivate others and work as part of a team;
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, with fluency in both English and French an asset;
- Post-secondary education in business, marketing or arts administration, or related disciplines;
- Demonstrated computer/software skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM databases. Salesforce experience is a definite asset; and
- Membership in the AFP and ongoing professional development activity.
Ottawa Chamberfest is an equalopportunity employer with headquarters located on public transit routes in a stairs-only, two-storey building in downtown Ottawa. Work in this position is intended to commence in March 2020. Please submit a cover letter with salary expectations and a resume by 5pm on Monday, March 2, 2020 to:
General Manager, Ottawa Chamberfest
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted. Please, no phone inquiries.