Ottawa Chamberfest is one of the world’s leading presenters of chamber music. We are a three-pillar arts organization with a vision to change lives through music and a mission to present chamber music in an annual festival, a concert series, and community engagement and arts education activities. We produce approximately 150 events per year, contributing significantly to local, regional and provincial economic development and community-building. Ottawa Chamberfest is a not-for-profit organization with charitable status and was named Event of the Year at the 2019 Ottawa Tourism Awards.
We seek a deeply passionate, entrepreneurially-minded, data-driven Marketing and Sales Manager who will work with senior management in this new position. The successful candidate will:
- identify as an industry leader;
- lead a department that will continue to build and nurture strong and lasting relationships to maximize patron satisfaction and earned revenues;
- design work plans and implement campaigns that will meet the objectives of the organization’s strategic plan;
- bring highly-developed oral and written communications skills to every task; and
- work with an existing team of dedicated colleagues and build it as required.
- MARKETING PLAN: Develop and execute a strategic marketing plan that delivers audience retention and acquisition, and revenue and positioning goals.
- BUDGET: Develop festival pass and single ticket revenue goals and marketing and box office expense budgets. Prepare monthly forecasts and analysis for Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- IMPLEMENTATION of strategies and pricing pertaining to festival pass, subscription, and single ticket campaigns, ensuring integrity and growth of customer/donor database; website development and maintenance; online marketing; retargeted advertising; CRM strategy and SEM.
- MARKETING CAMPAIGN MATERIALS: Media buys; festival pass & single ticket materials (e.g. brochures); house programs; social media; online marketing.
- COPYWRITING: Craft a variety of written materials including concert descriptions, newsletter content, and press releases.
- COMMUNICATIONS & MEDIA: Oversee the branding and communications strategy of the organization, leveraging local, regional, national, and international media.
- AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT & ENGAGEMENT: Audience development of specific targeted demographic and/or diverse cultural sectors. Social media and digital marketing. Youth and education activities. BOX OFFICE AND FRONT-OF-HOUSE: Customer service; ticket sales; event and pricing set up and roll over of renewing subscribers using CRM software for V2020-02-20 2/2 each season; database maintenance; personalized marketing materials; sales reports; balancing with general ledger.
- CRM DATABASE MANAGEMENT: Set up and implement database software; season set-up, ensuring database integrity; generate reports and lists; ongoing updates and maintenance. PatronManager Admin Certification will be a milestone to achieve soon after hiring.
- COMMUNITY RELATIONS: Amplification of community collaborations and partnerships.
- MARKET RESEARCH: Undertake ongoing market research of pass/subscription and single ticket buyers, and audience development research.
- PHILANTHROPY: Philanthropic engagement campaigns, in cooperation with the Manager of Philanthropy.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Knowledge of and a passion for the performing arts, classical music knowledge being a significant asset;
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, with fluency in both English and French an asset;
- Post-secondary education in business, marketing or arts administration, or related disciplines;
- Three+ years of experience in a marketing/communications, sponsorship, sales or management role, preferably in the arts, cultural, and tourism sectors;
- Demonstrated computer/software skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM databases, and current design and web tools. Salesforce experience is a definite asset; and
- Demonstrated time management, effective human resource leadership, and well-developed interpersonal skills.
Ottawa Chamberfest is an equalopportunity employer with headquarters located on public transit routes in a stairs-only, two-storey building in downtown Ottawa. Work in this position is intended to commence in March 2020. Please submit a cover letter with salary expectations and a resume with links to past related accomplishments by 5pm on Monday, March 2, 2020 to:
General Manager, Ottawa Chamberfest
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted. Please, no phone inquiries.