Reporting to the Production Manager of the Sanderson Centre, the part-time Assistant Technical Director will assist the Technical Director in the coordination of production staff and equipment to deliver high quality events and customer service within the City of Brantford.
The successful candidate will be responsible for advance planning of assigned events including identifying requirements, scheduling, cost estimates, supervision of unionized part-time production staff, and liaison with performers, event organizers, and renters at various City of Brantford facilities.
The position will be responsible for fulfilling the Technical Director’s responsibilities under safety and emergency plans, and the terms of the collective agreement where delegated. Hours required will vary based on event scheduling and will include evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Applicants must have successfully completed Grade 12 or equivalent and have a post secondary diploma or equivalent in theatre production
- Two (2) years related experience in a presenting or producing performing arts venue
- As a condition of employment, candidates must submit a current Police Clearance Certificate (dated within the last three months) from their local police service for approval by the Corporation
- Successful applicants must obtain a current Standard First Aid and CPR level C certification prior to commencing employment
- Valid Class G Ontario Driver’s License
Qualified candidates please attach one PDF formatted resume & cover letter.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.