Reporting to the General Manager, the Flato Markham Theatre (FMT) Box Office Coordinator oversees the operation of CRM and box office. The coordinator will insure the smooth running of ticketing, sales and customer services in liaison with front-of-house client services, the marketing team, and other business units involved. The CRM and Box Office Coordinator fosters workplace practices committed to service excellence and health and safety.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervises box office/CRM operations for the Flato Markham Theatre business, to include rental business, programs, revenue generation, and client services.
- Provide leadership and direction to the staff team including recruiting, training, coaching, and scheduling.
- Program and supervise all box office, ticketing, sales and fundraising activities, using the Audience View ticketing software, for which the Coordinator is the first point of contact and key liaison for the Theatre.
- Work on all high level initiatives for the CRM-ticketing system including but not limited to building shows, promos, reporting, seasons, and inventory management.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the Audience View platform; liaise with Audience View team, FMT team, and key city departments including ITS, and cash management.
- As the box office and CRM platform first point of contact for Theatre customers and patrons, provide and/or coordinate delivery of high quality customer service.
- Liaise with the Business and Rental Manager in the completion of box office questionnaires and other information for rental clients.
- Oversee the production of ticket sales and other standard reports. Generate reports for rental clients, marketing, fundraising, and management as requested.
- Allocate administrative tasks to box office and part time staff to maximize effective use of time including periods during events when client liaison is not normally required.
- Work with the marketing team to implement ticketing, pricing, promotional and sales.
- Work with the marketing team in developing and maintaining a meaningful database.
- Participate to FMT strategic initiatives, including pricing strategies and budgets, database management, and customer services improvements
- Generate price structure of tickets and timetable for sale activities. Assign GL number and enter complex ticket structures in ticketing system.
- Administer income and disbursements from ticket and donations revenues, and revenue distribution to users and artists according to contract. Administer sales (cash, credit). Balance floats and cash reporting. Liaise with Administrative Clerk to issue invoices and follow up payment.
- Be a leader in customer service and is the first point of contact for any escalating complaints
- Facilitate in person and on phone sales during box office hours.
- Troubleshoot CRM-ticketing system issues.
- Maintain security of Theatre including security of monies and box office data, and overseeing closing and opening. Work on other administrative tasks as requested,
- College degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in ticketing office and sales, or venue box office environment.
- Robust knowledge and experience with computerized CRM-ticketing software – preferably Audience View or other similar CRM-ticketing platforms, along with excellent computer literacy in Microsoft systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent understanding of sales and marketing and the role of digital platforms and social media in customer
services, excellent customer service skills (in-person, telephone, social media and other digital platforms).
- Experience in system migration would be an asset.
- Ability to work flexible work hours, day, evening and weekends.
- Service Excellence: Leads and supports staff in meeting or exceeding service standards when interacting with customers.
- Change & Innovation: Effectively implements change and supports and involves staff through change transitions.
- Teamwork & Relationship Building: Leads and supports staff in working together collaboratively, fosters teamwork and inclusion, and cultivates relationships.
- Communication: Models active listening and clear communication, and supports staff members in communicating effectively.
- Accountable Results Oriented: Role models ethical behaviour and accountability; clarifies expectations, policies and legislation and supports staff in meeting them.
- Management & Leadership: Supports a positive work environment, develops and enables staff, sets clear expectations, provides regular feedback, and addresses performance.
Temporary full time, 2 year contract
The City of Markham is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all those applicants who have applied however only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted. Please respect our scent free area by not wearing scented products when visiting the office