Reporting to the General Manager of Food and Beverage, the Catering Sales Manager will identify, develop and maintain sales objectives as well as plans and programs in accordance with the Department’s vision in order to increase business in the Catering operations. The incumbent will identify and maximize business opportunities by establishing strategic partnerships and generate awareness of the NAC catering business. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible to identify critical areas of improvement, manage forecasting, analyze results and oversee the promotions and advertising activities. The Catering Sales Manager will work closely with our clients to create exceptional and memorable events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set banquet sale goals and objectives
- Interact with customers to ensure all inquiries and complaints are handled promptly
- Order banquet items for clients
- Prepare invoicing following banquets
- Be onsite during special events
- A university degree or college diploma in business management, hotel management, marketing, or a related hospitality field is required;
- Must have at least three (3) years of hospitality sales experience;
- Superior knowledge of Food and Beverage Industry;
- Working knowledge of Caterease operating systems for booking events;
- Network experience within the Ottawa / Gatineau region is an asset;
- Strong time management and negotiating skills;
- Ability to work well independently with little supervision;
- Strategic planning skills are an asset;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with guests and employees;
- Good organizational skills, initiative and autonomy in a fast-paced environment;
- Advance computer software knowledge including MS Office;
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in both official languages (English and French);
- A past record of satisfactory attendance and punctuality is a requirement*.
*Regular attendance at work is an expectation of employment and an essential part of every job.
Full time continuing
Who Can Apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Candidates invited to an interview will be responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses. If relocation is required, the successful candidate will be expected to pay for his/her relocation expenses.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.