Situated in the heart of Southern Ontario, between the waterfront of Lake Ontario and the serene beauty of the Niagara Escarpment, the City of Burlington’s 175,000 residents make up one of Ontario’s fastest growing communities. The Burlington Performing Arts Centre provides an excellent venue to showcase the world’s top talent and provides a gathering place for the community of Burlington and surrounding areas. The Centre also hosts conferences and community events. The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is located at the corner of Elgin and Locust streets in downtown Burlington.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Development Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the overall fundraising strategic plan, cultivating prosperous relationships and soliciting major gifts. Develop and implement strategies to achieve outcomes in sponsorship, individual donations and memberships, seat dedication, endowment campaigns, fund raising events, and granting opportunities. Achieve annual development targets and exercise fiscal responsibility with fundraising budget.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (Deliverables):
- Develop fund development strategies in consultation with the Executive Director to support The Centre’s overall business strategies and direction.
- Increase revenue streams and implement a long-term development strategy that will maximize operational revenue, enhance sponsorship opportunities and secure new grant revenue sources
- Maintain and nurture the long term relationship of the Capital Campaign donors
- Develop, implement and manage fundraising strategies to expand, and retain individual memberships and donations, special events, and stewardship.
- Research new and manage current grant opportunities, including submissions and reporting.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors on fund development activities.
- Develop and implement grass root fund development strategic relationships and initiatives to engage the community to secure and maintain clients.
- Generate and monitor sponsorships according to financial objectives. Develop new partnership/sponsorship opportunities with businesses, retailers and restaurants. Prepare proposals and work with the Marketing team to ensure sponsor/donor/member recognition
- Manage development databases and maintain communication with stakeholders.
- Achieve the annual revenue budget targets and exercise fiscal responsibility with development budget
- Contribute to the Management Team to promote and implement the strategic objectives of the organization
- Manage the planning and coordination of special events including the annual season launch and special events.
- Promote The Centre’s profile and offerings and contribute to the Centre’s outstanding reputation
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is looking for a dynamic professional with an extensive fundraising background in the performing arts, who demonstrates a high level of experience and understanding of all facets of audience development and donor relations. The Incumbent will posess enthusiasm, efficiency and an entreprenurial spririt and be a creative thinker and a strong team player.
Hours of Work:
Standard hours of work will be 35 hours per week. There will be requirements to work flex time with evening and
weekend work, or as required by the Executive Director.
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree in arts fundraising, marketing or completion of Arts and Cultural Management program. Minimum five (5) years experience in fundraising in an arts discipline.
Excellent writing and communication skills are essential. Strong relationship building and confident solicitation skills are important.
Please submit covering letter and curriculum vitae as follows:
Electronically: email@example.com (reference Development Manager in the subject line)
Mail: 440 Locust Street, Burlington, ON L7S 1T7
No phone calls please
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, December 15th, 2017. Only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.