*Note: Applications for this position are being reviewed now and will be accepted until the position is filled.*
Place des Arts du Grand Sudbury (PDA) seeks to hire a qualified, rigorous and dynamic person to the position of director of finance and administration. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to join a capable and efficient team which includes the organization’s founders and dedicated volunteers.
Candidates must have demonstrated leadership skills as an executive in a not-for-profit artistic, social, cultural or related organization that is similar scope to the Place des Arts du Grand Sudbury. The incumbent must be able to deal with the complexities of an organization which provides a wide variety of programs and services in an environment that is constantly evolving and rich in new opportunities. The incumbent will be responsible for the sound and efficient administration and the various aspects of funding of a multidisciplinary artistic and cultural center.
About Place des Arts du Grand Sudbury
Place des Arts’ vision is to “make quality cultural and artistic experiences possible and accessible, thereby durably impacting the lives of citizens and contributing to the development and well-being of the Francophone community and the wider community of Greater Sudbury.”
The organization’s values are:
- Boldness (show courage, challenge conventions and assumptions, suggest creative solutions, innovate);
- Collaboration (work together, join forces to achieve common goals);
- Openness (practice inclusiveness and dialogue, accept and respect differences, promote closer ties);
- Performance (constantly improved results, optimal use of resources, professionalism at all times); and
- Environmental responsibility (resolutely pursue sustainable development in the arts centre’s construction and the operations).
The organization’s working language is French.
This is your opportunity to join a vibrant community and a dynamic arts scene and to invest your energy, knowledge and skills in a project that has been in development for decades.
- Work to achieve the organization’s mission and expand its outreach;
- Coordinate and analyze the centre’s financial planning and budget processes, adjust the budget forecasts for all services and programs;
- Evaluate the financial feasibility of growth opportunities and new programs and services;
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements;
- Ensure sound and efficient financial management;
- Coordinate the organization’s funding strategies, grant applications and follow-up to grant applications;
- Supervise finance department staff;
- Report any critical trends in the organization’s financial performance to the executive director
- University degree in administration, management or other field deemed equivalent;
- Five years of experience in financial management, preferably in the not-for-profit sector;
- Very good oral and written communication skills in French and English;
- Strong computer skills;
- Very good working knowledge of computers and networks;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to foster teamwork;
- Analytical skills, initiative;
- Excellent conceptualization, problem solving and project management skills.
Salary and benefits
The Administrative and Financial Director has a 40-hour work week. The work is performed in the offices of Place des Arts du Grand Sudbury (Ontario) during normal office hours, with occasional evening meetings or events.
Expected start date: Spring 2020
- $60,000 to $80,000/year (based on training, skills and experience)
- A flexible work schedule may be possible, depending on the organization’s needs and the incumbent’s organizational capacities
- Group insurance program
- RRSP program
- Three weeks of paid vacation starting the first year
- Paid sick days
Qualified applicants should forward the following documents to Place des Arts du Grand Sudbury:
- A cover letter summarizing the applicants’ skills and relevant experience for the position (max. 3 pages);
- A résumé.
These documents should be submitted in French, the organization’s working language, to Léo Therrien, executive director of Place des Arts du Grand Sudbury, by email at email@example.com. For more information, contact Mr. Therrien by email or by phone at 705 675-6493.
Applications will be reviewed starting February 28, 2020 and will be accepted until the position is filled. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, Place des Arts du Grand Sudbury upholds the principles of employment equity. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, emotional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, gender or veteran status.