Now celebrating its 25th anniversary, Ottawa Chamberfest brings together the boldest names in ensemble and solo performance for musical celebration in the nation’s capital, through its concert series, CEE: Community Engagement and Education, and its summer festival. The world’s largest festival of its kind, Ottawa Chamberfest is a 2019 Festivals and Events (FEO) Ontario “Top 100” and winner of seven consecutive Lieutenant Governor’s Awards for the Arts.
Chamberfest seeks a dynamic part-time or contract Marketing and Communications Assistant to support the wide scope of its promotional activities.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, the successful applicant’s primary responsibility will be to manage our social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and beyond. This work will include content creation, exploring social advertising strategy, and a commitment to well-balanced organic content directed and segmented to audiences of all ages. They will also create and update content for our website, chamberfest.com, and our email newsletter; coordinate and carry out grassroots distribution; research for major promotional materials, and provide marketing and communications support for other projects as needed.
The successful applicant should expect to work on an unusual schedule leading up to and during our summer festival, Concert Series, and CEE events.
Required Skills and Qualities:
- Understanding of and passionate about the performing arts
- Understanding of and curious about social media trends and strategy
- Experience with social media in a professional context, including paid social content
- Bilingual (English, French: oral and written)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong time management and personal organization skills
- Comfortable in a small team setting
- A good sense of humour
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma
- At least 2 years’ related professional experience, including at least one year in social media
- Video and photo editing
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Google Analytics
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
- Ability to work independently
We offer competitive compensation, a stimulating and collaborative work environment, and one of the most thrilling behind-the-scenes live-music experiences Ottawa offers.
If this opportunity excites you, please apply, with a detailed resume and cover letter that indicates your compensation expectations and describes how your experience relates to the qualifications we seek, to:
Head of Marketing and Communications
4 Florence Street, Suite 201, Ottawa ON K2P 0W7
E: pwolff (at) chamberfest.com
Deadline: Sunday, April 21, 2019, 8:00 pm. Absolutely no telephone calls, please.