The Burlington Performing Arts Centre (BPAC) is a vibrant, Gold LEED Certified venue, a presenter, a cultural developer, an educator and a community hub. The facility features a 720-seat Main Stage; a 165-seat Community Studio Theatre; a bright and spacious Family Lobby and an outdoor Plaza. BPAC presents a diverse season of professional entertainment, featuring over 70 performances each year in every genre, as well an Education Series, festivals, workshops and community engagement events. BPAC is also a rental facility, working with local community groups, promoters, dance competitions, corporate events and more.
Reporting directly to and working closely with the Executive Director, the Marketing Manager will be engaged in all aspects of the organization’s marketing and audience development efforts and will be an experienced, creative, goal-oriented marketing professional who can effectively develop, execute and analyze promotional strategies and campaigns for The Burlington Performing Arts Centre (BPAC), as well as manage the marketing budget and deadlines. Strong project-management skills and the ability to develop and foster positive working relationships is essential.
- Manage the marketing department and budget, maximizing resources to maximize attendance and meet ticket sales goals
- Strategize and execute creative, effective promotional plans to attract new audiences
- Analyze effectiveness of marketing strategies and adapt accordingly
- Prepare and disseminate press releases and solicit interviews and articles
- With BPAC’s graphic designer, manage the production of all print and digital marketing materials, including brochures, flyers, posters, newsletters, ads, programs and brochures
- oordinate the dissemination of all marketing materials and plan all lobby displays and activations
- Analyze and report on tickets sales vs marketing campaigns, and ongoing marketing expenses
- Work within the community on promotions and strategic marketing partnerships
- Monitor industry marketing trends and consumer behavior and adjust campaigns accordingly
- Ensure brand consistency through all marketing channels
- Work with rental clients on promotional opportunities as necessary
- Develop and execute a strategy to solicit advertisers for BPAC Playbills, Programs and Brochures
- Work with Executive Director to establish advertising rates, polices and procedures
- Ensure that all Sponsors, Donors, Members and funding organizations are recognized appropriately in all marketing materials
- Work with artists / artists’ representatives to ensure active engagement with BPAC’s promotional plans for artist engagement, including social media promotion, coordinating press interviews and appearances
- Ensure all publicity and marketing requirements as outlined in artist contract are fulfilled
Education and Experience:
- A college or university degree, or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- 5 years experience in a progressively senior marketing role, preferably in the arts industry
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute digital and print marketing campaigns, including optimizing web, e-communications and Google AdWords campaigns
- Ability to strategize and execute effective marketing campaigns and meet objectives
- The ability to think creatively, work independently, take initiative and problem solve
- Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle competing priorities and meet deadlines in a small, fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency in social media platforms, and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of current social media marketing trends and how to leverage social media to engage the public
- Proficiency with the following software: Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Adobe Suite of programs; Constant Contact or Mailchimp
- Solid interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism, and the ability to foster positive working relationships with the media, artists, staff and volunteers
Salaried position, based on 40 hours per week. The position requires flexible hours and may include occasional evenings and weekends during performance periods.
PLEASE SUBMIT covering letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com
Reference Events Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls please
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, July 26th, 2019. We thank all applicants, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees, volunteers, patrons and artists.