Reporting to the Suitcase in Point Board of Directors and under the direction of the Artistic and Administrative Directors, the Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for developing and coordinating outreach opportunities for Suitcase in Point (SIP) with specific leadership in the Arts Mentorship Program (AMP). The Outreach Coordinator will support the work of the Suitcase in Points programs, especially the Arts mentorship Program (AMP). This position will assist in the development, marketing and execution of a dynamic multi-arts program and education series by employing audience and youth participant development strategies to meet the goals of AMP. This position will develop and foster relationships, connecting audiences, AMP participants and volunteers to various art forms through short and long-term engagement strategies.
- These set out the principal functions of the position, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements.
- Support the work of the Artistic Director, Administrative Director and Artistic Producer through onsite event coordination, reporting and administration.
- Assist in the development of and monitor a comprehensive, show-specific, youth, volunteer and audience development outreach plan to reach all potential participants.
- Develop key performance indicators and provide strategic reporting on tactics and results on a project-to-project and season-to-season basis.
- Assist with grant writing and reporting.
- Market AMP workshops and opportunities and manage bookings and schedules
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers in conjunction with all programs
- Communicate the unique qualities of all programming to various stakeholders to develop and implement a narrative around each project and Suitcase in Point as a whole.
- Develop links and coordinate ongoing communications with the arts community and the broader community to stimulate awareness and engage existing and new audiences.
- Reach out to local organizations (arts, social service etc.) to partner in outreach initiatives.
- Coordinate the ongoing development and implementation of an arts education program for young and family audiences.
- Participate in marketing and sales team initiatives to promote innovative strategies to achieve or exceed AMP outcomes.
- Research and connect with potential community and school partners for SIP and AMP
- Communicate programs and programming objectives in meetings, presentations and written materials
- Document and track program objectives and accomplishments
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
- College Diploma in Arts Administration, Marketing/Communications or related discipline.
- Two (2) years current experience in a performing arts or culture environment with an appreciation of the arts and an understanding of how to promote various disciplines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent skills in project coordination and time management with ability to undertake multiple priorities.
- Skills in organization, accuracy, attention to detail, scheduling and meeting deadlines
- Professional communication skills with demonstrated writing and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of municipal, provincial and federal arts landscape.
- Available to work flexible hours (including evenings, weekends and holidays).
- Takes initiative and has the ability to function as a self-starter
- Experience managing contracted staff and/or interns
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license, Class “G”, with a clean driving record.
Full time, 1 Year Contract (potential 2 year renewal after annual performance review)
Average Hours per week: 35-40
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 10, 2018.