Reporting to the Marketing Supervisor, under the direction of the Programming and Marketing Manager, the Partnership and Development Coordinator is key to developing strong corporate and community partnerships with the FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre (PAC). This position is responsible for soliciting, developing and maintaining sponsorships, donations, advertising sales and group ticket sales. This role will thrive in a fast-paced environment with goals to maximize donor and advertising revenue and coordinate current and new sales initiatives that consistently meet and surpass annual and project goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise and coordinate with business and community partners to secure and retain sponsorships to achieve annual revenue goals for the PAC.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners, donors and sponsors at events and through delivering presentations.
- Coordinate and monitor sales strategies and programs to attract advertising clients for various opportunities (eg. online, digital signage, print collateral, onsite etc.).
- Assist in developing and implementing group ticket sales strategies and tourism connections to the PAC.
- Assist and support donor development, fundraising strategies and donor stewardship with PAC Board and staff.
- Monitor the membership and donor program to ensure expected revenue generation is achieved to support and enhance year-round activities.
- Participate in marketing and programming team initiatives to promote innovative strategies to achieve or exceed attendance and sales goals.
- Identify key performance indicators and provide strategic reporting on tactics and results.
- Keep current on marketing trends and tactics, including liaising with other cultural centres.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
- College Diploma in Marketing and Sales Management, Business or Arts Administration, Fundraising Management or related discipline.
- Two (2) years current experience in business development, corporate giving, fundraising and sponsorship program initiatives or arts and culture experience in a sales and marketing role.
- Extensive knowledge of Niagara Region businesses, groups and community organizations.
- Proven record of identifying, cultivating, and soliciting new business with demonstrated achievement of target goals through the use of innovative approaches to business development and retention.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with sound negotiation, public speaking and problem solving skills.
- High attention to detail with effective organization and time management skills and the ability to effectively deal with multiple priorities.
- Have a strong appreciation of the public value of the performing arts.
- Proven customer service skills with the ability to liaison with key external and internal stakeholders with diplomacy and professionalism.
- Experience with software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, ticketing systems and relational databases.
- Available to work flexible hours (including evenings, weekends and holidays).
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license, Class “G”, with a clean driving record.
Applications will be accepted online only at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please supply a cover letter, resume and reference “Partnership and Development Coordinator” in your email subject line.
Applications received any other way will not be accepted.
The FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise in writing with your job application to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.