The Programs and Conference Assistant will support Ontario Presents programs, primarily the planning and preparation of Ontario Contact, Ontario’s largest performing arts showcase.
Ontario Contact is an annual opportunity for those working in the performing arts field across Ontario to come together, network, discover new work, discuss best practices and do business. The three-day conference features contemporary and classical music, dance, theatre, youth orientated programming, and more.
The Assistant will work closely with the Communications and Membership Services Coordinator to prepare for the annual conference. As the conference takes place from September 14-16th, after the Assistant’s work term, the Assistant will not be expected to attend.
- liaising with selected showcasing artists
- gathering and editing artist marketing materials,
- obtaining artist technical requirements and communicating with the Production Manager
- proofing the technical schedule
- preparing supporting materials for delegates
- arranging logistics such as meeting room and hotel bookings
- supporting registration
- liaising with exhibitors
- editing copy
- assisting with sponsorship/advertising outreach
The Assistant will also support other Ontario Presents programs and tasks (such as communications support and logistical coordination of member events), although the conference will be his/her main focus.
To be eligible for this Canada Summer Jobs positions, candidates must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
The desired candidate should:
- Show a keen interest in arts/culture and/or events management. Students or recent graduates of arts administration or similar programs will be preferred
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships
- Be motivated to take initiative and feel comfortable taking on individual projects
June 3, 2019 – Aug 30, 2019
Download this job posting in PDF form here
PENDING FUNDING: Please note, Ontario Presents has applied to the Canada Summer Jobs program to fund this position. We will only carry out the next stage of the application process if funding is approved.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Natalie Dewan at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday, May 3rd.