The Living Arts Centre is seeking a full time Receptionist who is self-motivated, resourceful and a team player. This position will work with all LAC departments and will require exemplary customer service to all customers and clients of The Centre.
Under the direction of the Box Office Supervisor, the Receptionist will be responsible for performing a variety of duties including:
- Greet all clients with superior customer service. Refer clients to the appropriate department as necessary.
- Answer multi-line CISCO phone system, and pass along calls to appropriate Centre contact. Take messages and ensure timely service.
- Monitor stationary supplies for the Centre staff; prepare purchase orders for supplies as required.
- Prepare outgoing packages for shipping including labels and waybills for courier; assist Doc Master with sorting & distribution of all incoming mail.
- Encode Time & Labour into SAP for various departments and serve as back up reporter to the organization; maintain payroll records for tracking.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly signage/reports for posting/distribution.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers for the Reception; assist Box Office Coordinator with Information Desk volunteers.
- Input and monitor volunteer hours in Better Impact.
- Process all sales of artwork & merchandise from the Gift Shop using pre-programmed Cash Register and POS terminal, update consignment database when needed.
- Prepare bank deposits and Gift Shop Sales Report.
- Receive lunch & dinner reservations for LIVE Restaurant, and answer queries about prices and menu.
- Assist Box Office staff during peak times.
- Back up Executive Assistant when needed.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledgeable and comfortable working with Word and Excel; willingness and enthusiasm to learn new software (Better Impact, EBMS, SAP and other database skills). The successful candidate must have excellent organizational, time-management, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to work independently or as an effective team member. Hands-on experience working in a volunteer environment and First Aid certified is an asset. Experience working in a previous administrative position would be beneficial.
This is a full time position requiring the successful candidate to work Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
The Living Arts Centre is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that operates the premiere arts and culture facility located in the heart of Mississauga, Canada’s sixth largest city. Dedicated to being a place for global engagement in the arts, the centre houses a stunning landmark atrium, three presentation ready theatres, seven professional craft studios, and an attractive in-house restaurant and burgeoning catering operation. In its 21st year, with a mission to promote Arts for Life, the centre plays host to hundreds of performing arts, educational, community, and corporate events and activities each year. The Living Arts Centre is a dynamic and accessible gathering place for creativity that welcomes more than 400,000 discerning and culturally diverse visitors annually.
The Living Arts Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and operates in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, we ask you to please inform the Living Arts Centre staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) you may require in respect of any materials or processed used to ensure you equal participation. We thank all applicants for their interest in the living Arts Centre; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified candidates should submit a detailed resume no later than October 22, 2018 to Jenn Silver at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.