The Facility Services department is seeking a full-time Box Office Supervisor to fill a 1 year contract starting in mid-November 2018. This position will provide outstanding support to all stakeholders of ticketed events. This positon is a supervisory role responsible for managing and motivating full time, part time staff and volunteers to excel at providing world class service. The Box Office Supervisor provides the organization with key performance metrics and report to help guide key initiatives.
Reporting to the Director, Facility Services, the successful candidate will:
- Knowledge and experience working with the Paciolan ticketing system is a strong asset
- Supervise and motivate full-time, part-time and volunteer staff
- Oversee the hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluating of staff and volunteers within the Box Office, Reception and Information Desk areas
- Assist in the preparation of and monitoring of Box Office operational budgets
- Identify opportunities to improve services on an event by event basis
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports to management and staff
- Ensure staff is knowledgeable about the specifics of each event
- Ensure daily sales are balanced and deposits are submitted weekly
- Resolve patron complaints as they arise
- Liaise with staff and rental clients for information required to create ticketing for events
- Liaise with departments within the LAC and external clients to ensure a successful event
- Manage cash float box and floats
- Attend weekly and bi-weekly meetings representing the Box Office
- Prepare bi-weekly Box Office payroll
- Represent the Living Arts Centre in appropriate industry organizations
- Provide semi-annual formal performance evaluations for staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
Previous experience in a theatre/entertainment environment along with supervising staff in a ticket selling/processing venue. The successful candidate will have a “can do” attitude, must work well under pressure, is detail and deadline driven, has exceptional people and analytical skills, and is constantly learning in order to speak knowledgeably about our services. Candidate must be proficient in Word, Excel and database programs with excellent attention to detail, time-management and problem solving skills along with the ability to work independently. Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work in fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities. The successful candidate must have superior communication skills to deal with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
1 year contract starting in mid-November 2018
The Living Arts Centre is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that operates the premiere arts and culture facility located in the heart of Mississauga, Canada’s sixth largest city. Dedicated to being a place for global engagement in the arts, the centre houses a stunning landmark atrium, three presentation ready theatres, seven professional craft studios, and an attractive in-house restaurant and burgeoning catering operation. In its 21st year, with a mission to promote Arts for Life, the centre plays host to hundreds of performing arts, educational, community, and corporate events and activities each year. The Living Arts Centre is a dynamic and accessible gathering place for creativity that welcomes more than 400,000 discerning and culturally diverse visitors annually.
The Living Arts Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and operates in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, we ask you to please inform Living Arts Centre staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Living Arts Centre; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified candidates should submit a detailed resume no later than October 19, 2018 at 4:00pm to The Living Arts Centre, attention: Human Resources, 4141 Living Arts Drive, Mississauga, ON L5B 4B8 or email@example.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.