Reporting to the Production Manager, the Theatre Technician will maintain and operate auditorium equipment and oversee lighting, sound, and all technical aspects of production taking place within our performance space as well as maintain the workshop and rest of the facility.
Summary of Duties:
- Maintain a safe production environment
- Provide direction, instruction, and training to crews
- Provide advice with regards to proper equipment usage and application
- Maintain inventory of theatre supplies
- Meet regularly with Production Manager
- Maintain technical equipment and operate as required
- Remain current with relevant technology and best practices
- Minimum One-year community college diploma in Technical Theatre Production with experience in technical theatre or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior work organization and time management skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with staff, volunteers, community and external organizations
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and in a team setting
- Technical and design skills related to theatrical lighting, sound, and video
- Set design and construction skills
- Computer skills related to current theatrical technology
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and operation problems
- Ability to work under pressure to meet frequent deadlines
- Using the lighting designers drawings, locate lighting equipment
- Hang, circuit and focus lighting equipment
- Troubleshoot equipment to ensure correct operation
- Repair as required
- Familiarity with ETC Ion lighting console, Digital Audio Consoles , Qlab playback software and MIDI show control considered an asset
- Familiarity with Digital Audio Consoles.
- Fall Arrest and Aerial Lift Operation Certificate may be required.
- Knowledge of Heights Safety: fall arrest, lift operator
- Knowledge of the Theatre Industry and Operations
- Theatre Season (10 months)
- 40 hours per week scheduled to meet programming needs
- Evening work and weekend is required
The application process will be open until the position is filled. We thank you in advance for your interest; however, only applicants being offered an interview will be contacted.
Please send resumes to Catherine Soulliere: email@example.com