Professional development is an important factor that can help presenters build relationships with their communities. RIDEAU and CAPACOA have joined forces to deliver a pilot funding program: The Presenters Capacity Building Program (PCBP) for Members of CAPACOA and RIDEA.
The program is structured around a customized approach to addressing specific issues. As networking is inherent to presenting, presenters will be able to share experiences with their communties and their colleagues from across the country.
- Promote the sharing of expertise within networks
- Provide support to presenting organizations for targeted capacity building projects
- Contribute to the professionalization of presenters
- Help presenting organizations achieve their goals more effectively, particularly in terms of audience development.
The program provides presenting organizations resources that can help build capacity. It is divided into three components:
1. Organizational consultation – Organizations can apply for funds to hire consultants or specialists to assist them in capacity building research and planning activities. This may take the form of coaching.
2. Mentoring – Organizations can apply for funds to enrol their managers in a mentorship of at least one week with a presenting organization manager. The mentorship is to be conducted within the mentor’s organization.
3. Professional development – Organizations can submit an application to attend professional development workshops or seminars directly related to the organization’s specific capacity building needs. This is primarily intended for senior managers of presenting organizations.
Support for successful applicants will be made avaiable in the June 2013 to March 2014 timeframe.
- Call for proposals posted online March 19th, 2013
- Deadline for submissions April 19th, 2013
- Announcement of projects end June 2013
- End of projects and assessment March 2014
For more information and to fill out the application form, please click here.
Visit the Presenter’s Toolkit for information, resources and ideas: the Toolkit is up to date with new features in order to facilitate this new program. Take a look!