Ontario Presents has received funding through the expanded Canada Summer Jobs program to hire an Administrative Assistant for an 8-week term. We are excited to be able to offer this opportunity and invite candidates to apply by Monday, November 23rd at 12 noon.
Type: Short-term contract
Dates: Late November 2020 to early February 2021 (preferred start date is Mon, Nov 30th)
Wage: $15/hour, 35 hour/week for 8 weeks
About Ontario Presents:
Ontario Presents is a province-wide network of performing arts touring and presenting organizations that work collaboratively to facilitate an equitable distribution of live, diverse performing arts shows – and their engagement with all citizens – into communities across Ontario.
Ontario Presents operates a number of participatory programs and services that help members adopt inclusive approaches to build capacity, develop leadership and create opportunities to grow and diversify their audiences. We work with a range of performing arts centres, community presenters, touring artists, agents, and industry contacts to ensure the continual growth of a touring performing arts sector that embraces difference in Ontario.
Ontario Presents is seeking an Administrative Assistant for an eight-week term. This individual will support our ongoing programs, services, and advocacy for the performing arts sector. The position will primarily focus on communications and member services.
The Administrative Assistant will assist with:
- Communications – including social media and e-updates, as well as writing and editing for various OP initiatives.
- Data collection and analysis – we have a number of data-collection initiatives underway to encourage authentic, transparent data and knowledge-sharing during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Assistant will help to collect, collate, and analyze data from presenters.
- Research – OP has been working hard throughout the pandemic to collect the latest arts-related news and share with our networks. The Assistant will support this work through research and writing.
- Administrative support – such as note-taking, creation of summaries or reports, and video editing.
This position will report to the Communications and Membership Services Coordinator, and will have the support of our small but close-knit team. We encourage all colleagues to determine their needs and goals and to create a mutually enriching work experience that supports and balances everyone.
This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs – applicants must therefore be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
The desired candidate should demonstrate:
- Disciplined research and effective data compilation processes
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work within a small team dynamic
- Strong self-motivation
- Knowledge of a diverse range of artists, artistry across Ontario
- A keen interest in arts administration and/or the performing arts
- Graphic design and video-editing skills are considered an asset
- Personal knowledge of working with BIPOC+2LGBTQ artists is considered an asset
Please send your resume and cover letter no later than Monday, November 23rd at 12 noon to Natalie Dewan at email@example.com