In keeping with our Guiding Principles for Presenting Indigenous Work, we believe that it is essential to continually expand our knowledge and perspective. To that end we would like to share this preliminary list of resources on Indigenous histories, stories, and truths. This list has kindly been created and shared by Terri-Lynn Brennan.
We encourage you to seek out these resources and continue your learning!
- The Road Forward (2016) by Marie Clement
- Colonization Road (2017) by Ryan McMahon
- Angry Inuk (2016) by Alethea Arnaquq-Baril
- Anything by Alanis Obomsawin, but in particular: Our People Will Be Healed (2017), We Can’t Make the Same Mistake Twice (2016), Trick or Treaty? (2014)
- The Inconvenient Indian by Thomas King (2012)
- Seven Fallen Feathers by Tanya Talaga (2017)
- Unsettling Canada: A National Wake-Up Call by Arthur Manuel and Chief Ronald Derrickson (2015)
- Indigenous Writes by Chelsea Vowel (2016)
- My Conversations with Canadians by Lee Maracle (2017)
- Dancing on Our Turtle’s Back: Stories of Nishnabeeg Re-Creation, Resurgence, and a New Emergence by Leanne Betasamosake Simpson (2011)