The Living Arts Centre (LAC) is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that operates the premiere arts and culture facility located in the heart of Mississauga, Canada’s sixth largest city. Dedicated to being a place for global engagement in the arts, the Centre houses a stunning landmark atrium, three presentation ready theatres, ten professional craft studios, and an in-house food & beverage operation. Now in its 21st season, the LAC, with a mission to promote Arts for Life, plays host to hundreds of performing arts, educational, community, and corporate events and activities each year. The Living Arts Centre is a dynamic and accessible gathering place for creativity that welcomes more than 400,000 discerning and culturally diverse visitors annually.
Mississauga is a burgeoning city with a diverse and dynamic population of almost 800,000 providing an incredible opportunity to support the LAC’s Vision and Mission with public programming that meets our global and local aspirations, engages new audiences, sustains our existing loyal audience base, and contributes to the financial health of the organization. The Performing Arts department is one of two programming pillars upon which the success of the Living Arts Centre rests. To that end, the Living Arts Centre seeks an arts impresario to deliver on this programming mandate in the position of Director, Performing Arts.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director, Performing Arts position is part of the senior management team of the LAC and will lead a performing arts team responsible for delivering LAC programming, as well as develop strong collaborative relationships within the Mississauga arts community, and oversee performing arts cultural community rentals.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold an undergraduate or higher degree in the Arts or equivalent experience practicing in the field
- Be a creative and entrepreneurial arts professional with a minimum of five years of performing arts series and festivals programming experience and connectivity in the not-for-profit arts and culture industry
- Display exceptional verbal, written, negotiation, interpersonal and relation management skills
- Have a strong understanding of contract execution
- Demonstrate an understanding of regional market demographics
- Be a strategist and planner with broad business acumen
- Be highly organized with strong analytical, results-driven, and problem-solving skills
- Possess superior negotiation and sales skills, and demonstrate flexibility to deal with fast paced changes.
- Be inspiring and motivated with a superior work ethic; a successful leader and team player
- Possess strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Have excellent online social media skills and computer literacy
- Be curious and a lifelong learning advocate with a commitment to arts and culture and the endless possibilities of and at the Living Arts Centre
This is a full time position requiring the successful candidate to work flexible schedule days, weekends and statutory holidays.
The Living Arts Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and operates in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, we ask you to please inform Living Arts Centre staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Qualified candidates should submit a detailed resume no later than January 22, 2019 at 4pm to The Living Arts Centre, attention: Human Resources, 4141 Living Arts Drive, Mississauga, ON L5B 4B8 or email@example.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted